How about we discuss things one chapter at a time, but on the same blog post? We can kick off a new post after some chapters if the discussion actually takes off.
The first six chapters and the dating techniques they introduce during their investigation (give me a shout if I miss something):
- Chapter 1: The ever-changing calendar the origins and complications of our calendar systems.
- Chapter 2. A hero in a dark age – reconstructing history, in the light of the search for King Arthur.
- Chapter 3. The forged cloth of Turin – radiocarbon dating.
- Chapter 4. The pyramids and the bear’s groin – star-gazing
- Chapter 5. The volcano that shook Europe – pottery (typology), tree-ring dating.
- Chapter 6. The Mandate from Heaven – dendrochronology (advanced tree-ring pattern dating) and some more ice core dating.
Can I suggest we use a consistent style for marking what we are responding to? Based on what we had in the past: @Hugo #14 for replying to Hugo and the 14th comment, when not responding to a comment, just the topic you’re starting a new thread on, e.g.: @Chapter1. This will encourage me to fix the imported old comment threads when I get around to implementing the threaded comment system I’m dreaming about. 😉 (No need to be too strict though, e.g. marking unneeded when replying directly to the comment above. Import will have to have human-oversight anyway.)