Blue Man Group on Global Warming

December 12th, 2008 · Posted by Hugo · 5 Comments

I long wondered what the Blue Man Group was. Those blue-head posters… the name of the group… just the kind of thing to pique my curiosity. Possibly first heard them back in April, from a friend’s ipod or CD or something, can’t remember for sure though.

And then, earlier this week, I came across this, “Earth to Humanity”:

Love it!

If you, like me, end up watching it a second time, I heartily recommend you use that opportunity to check the live version of “Earth to Humanity”. Well worth it!

I’ll be keeping my eyes open for future opportunities to experience the Blue Man Group. Cool, They’re on Last.fm!

Tags: ·

• 1 Ben-Jammin' // Dec 12, 2008 at 7:00 am

I saw them live from the 10th row center near here. Great show.

• 2 gloep // Dec 12, 2008 at 12:13 pm

Cool mense!

Ek wonder of hulle al gatvol raak van aanmekaar hulself ‘beblou’ – en dan sommer blou bed toe gaan gereed vir die volgende dag se show.

• 3 Linda // Dec 12, 2008 at 9:27 pm

Great vid, Hugo!

I saw them in concert 5 years ago, 5th row center! They were awesome! :-)

• 4 Keith // Dec 28, 2008 at 10:39 pm

I am guessing that fifty years from now sociologists will look at today’s global warming hysteria as another example of political propaganda controlling civilization.

By weakening our economy through unnecessary environmental regulation we force jobs overseas to places like China who will not regulate, hence the solution is only hurting us more.

While it is scientifically shown that increased CO2 will heat the globe, it has not been shown, save through models, that humans are responsible for this warming. Thus far all warming can be explained without man. Models are necessary to make predictions, however, and it is using these models that politicians claim that humans are going to harm the globe.

The whole issue, then, boils down to this: can the models be trusted? No. The complexity of the interaction between ocean and atmosphere alone is impossible to model. Using weather models we can’t even accurately predict the weather a few days into the future, let alone 100 years.

• 5 Hugo // Dec 29, 2008 at 1:16 am

One of my delicious globalwarming links:

Seems like a pretty nice collection of info, “how to talk to a climate skeptic”.