I need Fight Club

January 19th, 2008 · Posted by jess · 9 Comments

The first rule of Fight Club is you do not talk about Fight Club.

I wonder how many Fight Clubs there are, and how many Fight Club members. Many more than you think, far fewer than you know. So hard to tell, with the first rule being what it is. And woe to those that try to break the first rule. It just doesn’t work. Like a curse one is unable to talk about, like the secret hidden in plain sight with everyone turning a blind eye, like the Matrix, all encompassing to all your senses, like a rootkit implemented using a virtual machine hypervisor…

We are the Borg. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Categories: Jess
Tags: ·

• 1 Ben // Jan 19, 2008 at 3:26 pm

The Evil Atheist Conspiracy clubs are much more formidable. Or they would be if they existed, which they don’t. Pay no attention to the black helicopters.

• 2 jess // Jan 19, 2008 at 4:55 pm

Those black helicopters seek but one thing: the ring bearer. And they’re all piloted by Mr Smith. The horror… the horror…

• 3 film dude // Jan 21, 2008 at 10:56 am

the tendencies of your imagination indicate reality

• 4 gerhard // Jan 30, 2008 at 4:17 pm

hey , tylor ,
    wanna start one?
    I swear i wont hit you in the ear!

did u know btw that fight club falls under neo-existentialism ? have this amazing article / critique called ‘even the mona lisa is falling appart’.

• 5 Hugo // Jan 30, 2008 at 4:35 pm

Do you have a link/url?

So it seems lousirr’s philosophy evolved a serious neo-existentialism streak? Ah, philosophers, they make things more complicated than they are. Fun for entertainment when you are too busy being not busy enough.

I think I should go read Fight Club, as well as watch the movie again. Same goes with a whole bunch of other stuff. The tough thing is figuring out how many notes to take. Voice notes, maybe. Yea, voice notes. Even though I type quickly, recordings are even quicker.

• 6 joyce // Jan 27, 2009 at 7:24 am

I want to send my husband to a club like, fist fite if he gets fustrated. I wount mind if he cames back with a siner.

• 7 Michael // Sep 30, 2009 at 10:11 pm

Any time any place im ready to rumble. Lets go fucking mental

• 8 Michael // Oct 5, 2009 at 7:01 pm

Man. it sucks having a common name. I just want to make it clear that I don’t want to fight.

• 9 Hugo // Oct 5, 2009 at 9:40 pm

I never thought you did, but I guess others might. I’m thinking of taking this post off the air. What it represented to me is anyway not communicated well. Or at all, probably.