For those that have been waiting patiently for me to return to the Creationism Seminar thread: I will do so this week.
I intend to do daily postings, but I don’t expect everyone to read daily. As such, I like the idea of interleaving a number of threads. The aim is thus to have a Creationism Seminar post about twice a week, with other hopefully interesting things in between. This reduces the load on readers that want to follow a specific thread, but not read every day. The previous posts in this thread, were:
- Creationism Seminar – announcement
- The First Creationism Confrontation – preliminary but undetailed feedback, primarily announcing that it will take time and many posts to deal with it
- The Gullible Organ – lamenting the way the cooperative audience is played like a musical instrument (the title was not meant to be offensive, merely poetic)
- Is CMI Scientifically Illiterate? – lamenting the general lack of scientific literacy in the world
- What is Science? – a brief introduction to philosophy of science, primarily based on Karl Popper’s work
I suspect I will have to revisit philosophy of science, falsifiability, Thomas Kuhn and paradigm shifts, but for the time being, the What is Science post will have to be adequate.
In other news, I will be improving my thesis somewhat. A few pages here, a few sentences there. I received some feedback from a good friend, and will soon be receiving feedback from my study leader.