A Miracle?

October 31st, 2007 · Posted by Who Knows? · 11 Comments

As you could probably imagine, my thesis is suffering under this “creative frenzy”. I have a church to build. We have a church to build? It calls to me…

What then, of the thesis? Well, the vision did seem to indicate I will yet finish my thesis… however, visions aren’t to be trusted as literally true.

So what would it take for me to finish my thesis?

A Miracle. That’s what.

There are two possibilities. One, I finish it before 1 December. Damn-nigh impossible. Two, they actually allow me to finish it next year, hand it in “when I’m done”. They were being so difficult this year already, I cannot imagine what they will do to me if I’m not finished on 1 December. That is more impossible.

So what is a miracle? The seemingly impossible happening. With a subjective experience of meaning attached to it.

Finishing my thesis, will be a miracle. I’d have to be thankful, if I succeed. Thankful? Where does one direct thankfulness? To some abstract idea? Can we personify this idea and call it “God”? I should definitely also thank the people around me that made it possible, through their contributions. Might we call the inspiration of their contributions, the fact that they care, the love or compassion that encouraged them, might we call that “God”?

Tags: ·

• 1 Zach // Oct 31, 2007 at 11:58 am

Stop nattering and finish your thesis.

• 2 gloep // Oct 31, 2007 at 2:04 pm

Yup.

• 3 Johan Swarts // Oct 31, 2007 at 3:22 pm

ek neig om saam met zach te stem ;)

• 4 idiwidi // Oct 31, 2007 at 5:05 pm

hie-hie, ruk hulle jou nou in die bek!

• 5 Hugo // Oct 31, 2007 at 5:09 pm

;)

Nee kyk, ek het mos nou vir God gevind. So nou, met God se ondersteuning en inspirasie en aanmoediging en hoop, reken ek hierdie wonderwerk sal kan gebeur…

Dankie vir julle ondersteuning. Duidelik is daar liefde binne julle! Doe zo voort! (Het ek dit reg gespel, Johan Swarts?)

• 6 Steve // Oct 31, 2007 at 5:36 pm

Ha. As jy reken dit sal kan gebeur, se^ jy mos nou al jy gaan dit nie as ‘n wonderwerk erken nie ;)

O ja. Stop nattering and finish your thesis.

(If Zach doesn’t mind me stealing his content ;P )

• 7 Hugo // Oct 31, 2007 at 6:00 pm

Violation of copyright! ;)

I have faith in this miracle. So if someone believes in a miracle, the curing of cancer say, or,… uh, walking on water, would it then no longer be a miracle? Merely because someone thinks it *can* happen?

Hmm… so, everyone that thinks I’m actually *nattering*, say “aye”! <grin>

• 8 gloep // Oct 31, 2007 at 8:48 pm

Aye.

• 9 Hugo // Oct 31, 2007 at 9:56 pm

Natter: A word to describe talking without content (similar to ‘yammer’).

So 100% of the voters, vote “aye”, for “ya aint got no content man!”

Hehe. Clearly then, I’m just wasting time, and should get back to my thesis, which is supposed to have some real content. The remaining seven posts in the queue (bound to get a little more before they’re all out), is now being scheduled for one every two days. That carries the blog to 14 November. I might shuffle them a bit, or write an extra one, as a little reward, an incentive, to get chapters done.

To bed now. Wish me luck, tomorrow, I’m going to try going radio-silent. That means you possibly have free-reign over the comments, to tear one another apart. ;) (Ah, I’m sure I’ll still pop in and drop a comment, I’ll use that as an incentive for progress as well.)

• 10 rightsaidreverend // Nov 1, 2007 at 10:47 am

Ek bid vir dieselfde wonderwerk. Moet ook teen 1 Desember klaar wees. Maar daar is geen realistiese kans daarvoor nie.

Hey, kom ons hou op teem en maak die donnerse ding klaar. Ek is nou al gatvol om skuldig te voel oor ‘n ding wat nie klaar is nie.

Die joke is,sê my vrou, as die een klaar is sal ek seker volgende jaar weer iets anders doen. Dasie ‘n manier nie! sê ek.

• 11 Information Overload // Nov 14, 2007 at 10:23 am

[…] so to work this miracle, I will personally disappear from thinktoomuch.net. I have made one final pass over the scheduled […]